Have you been suffering from panic attacks due to stress, nervousness, or anxiety? Have you ever been hit by a panic attack walking around at the store, or simply sitting around the house? They do come out of nowhere sometimes. Anybody can experience them. What’s so frightening is that they make you feel as if you are dying! Some people even believe that they are having a heart attack.
As scary as they are, you need to understand that they won’t hurt you. There are ways to get rid of panic attacks. Some people go to a doctor and seek help. They’re usually put on anti-anxiety meds and told to see a therapist.
Many people prefer overcoming the problem themselves. Indeed, there are natural ways to get rid of panic attacks.
You can learn how to overcome them on your own! Relief is available.
Here are several ways to get the relief you need:
1. Cut down on energy-boosting drinks and stimulants. Eat a well-balanced diet, which includes 6 small meals a day. Drink 8 – 10 glasses of water every day to stay hydrated. Sometimes dehydration plays a role in panic attacks. If your body is refreshed, you’ll have an easier time staying calm.
2. Stress is one of the biggest contributors to a panic disorder. If you can’t keep your stress levels under control, it’s no wonder why your body goes into “attack” mode! Do whatever you can to reduce stress. Meditate every day. Practice yoga. Get more sleep. Stay away from negative people and negative environments.
3. Give yourself time. Take a few minutes out of your busy schedule here and there just to enjoy yourself. Go for a walk. Enjoy the weather. Go to a nice quiet spot and enjoy the scenery. If you start to feel panic attack symptoms, tell yourself that everything’s going to be okay. Look around you and find something else to focus on. It should be something positive, that makes you feel relaxed.
4. Many people find meditation and visualization to be helpful. Every morning, close your eyes for a few minutes and think about how peaceful and wonderful your day is going to be. Some people don’t put much stock in visualization, but it can be a powerful tool as long as you use it correctly. You must try to reprogram yourself to believe that you can always be relaxed. Since panic attacks can be caused by fear, program yourself to believe that there is no fear.
5. Has something been worrying you? Or making you nervous? Worry and nervousness often lead to attacks. Start taking steps to face your fears. Don’t let your phobias get the best of you. Stay away from the things that cause you worry and dread. If you can’t avoid them, do whatever you can to face them confidently.
6. Make sure you’re getting all of the vitamins and minerals you need. Vitamin deficiency can lead to some of the symptoms of a panic disorder. If you’re fine mentally and emotionally, then you must treat the physical symptoms if you want to overcome panic attacks. You need plenty of iron, magnesium, Vitamin D, Vitamin B, etc.
7. Another way you can treat the physical aspects of panic attacks is with herbal remedies. Your ancestors probably used plants to help them overcome anxiety and fear, and so can you. You can drink chamomile tea every night and it will help you sleep. Carry a bottle of lavender or lemon balm with you and inhale the scent whenever you start to feel aggravated or stressed-out. Eat passion fruit every day, as it can reduce the symptoms of a panic disorder.
8. If there are any acupuncturists nearby, you might want to pay a visit. Acupuncture can treat stressful and fearful emotions. A practitioner may address your attacks by nourishing your heart and kidney, which are believed to be related to thoughts and emotions. According to Chinese medicine, whenever somebody suffers from emotional upset, the heart and kidney are somehow involved.
Jason Ellis has been helping people overcome their anxiety and panic for years. His expertise deals with controlling the symptoms of stress and anxiety by applying proven, natural treatments for panic that bring results in minutes. Discover how simple it really is to stop anxiety and gain confidence with many self esteem lessons.